At all life cycle stages of its nuclear facilities the Concern determines its quality policy based on its main operation goals: economically efficient generation and reliable supply of electrical and thermal power to consumers, with safety as an unconditional priority.
By its administrative order the Concern has enacted the Quality Policy Statement prepared in furtherance of the Quality Policy of Rosatom State Corporation when Using Nuclear Power for Peaceful Purposes.
In order to achieve its main goals the Concern pursues a policy in the area of quality in the following areas:
- Provision of nuclear, radiation, technical, fire, and environmental safety and labor protection;
- Provision of physical protection of nuclear units, radiation sources, storage points, nuclear materials, and radioactive waste;
- Achievement of best economic indicators and ensuring competitiveness of NPPs in the electricity, heat, and capacity production market;
- Improving the management system through formation, implementation, development, and efficient functioning of integrated quality system which meets the requirements of ISO 9000 standards, federal norms and rules in the area of use of nuclear power, GS-R-3 «IAEA Safety Manual. Management System for Units and Activity»;
- Development of the Concern’s qualification potential which provides the growth in labor efficiency and improvement of safety culture.
The Concern pursues the quality policy based on the following methods and measures:
- Implementation of resolutions and instructions of the agency on state management of nuclear power use of Rosatom State Corporation, requirements of the agency on state regulation of safety during the use of nuclear power of the Federal Service for Environment, Technological, and Nuclear Supervision; orientation on demands of Russian and foreign consumers and customers, and IAEA documents;
- Development, implementation, and updating organizational structure of quality assurance as a part of general organizational and functional structure of the corporate management;
- Assistance in achievement of necessary level of safety of nuclear facility by ensuring quality of products (work, services) and processes;
- Performance of all work in strict compliance with statutory and regulatory requirements, requirements of quality assurance programs at all stages of life cycle of nuclear facility;
- Distribution of power and responsibility, functions and duties in the area of quality among subdivisions and employees, up to direct performers;
- Efficient management and development of regulatory and methodological base of the Concern in the area of quality;
- Control of operators’ activity in the area of quality, including regular inspections (audits) of compliance with general and local quality assurance programs of nuclear plants and quality assurance programs of organizations which provide work and services to operators, evaluation of their results;
- Regular analysis of indicators of the Concern’s activity on the part of the management, organization of development and implementation of necessary measures on their improvement;
- Determination of causes of deficiencies and violations in quality, development and fulfillment of measures on their elimination and prevention at all stages of work;
- Involvement of all the Concern’s employees in quality system improvement process
- Review and application of positive Russian and foreign practices.
The Concern’s integrated quality system is based on the ISO standards of 9000 series, federal standards and rules NP-090-11 «Requirements for Quality Assurance Programs for Nuclear Facilities», IAEA manuals on safety of nuclear units of GS-R series (General Safety Requirements).
In accordance with the objectives set, the following results were obtained in the area of quality assurance in 2014:
- Recertification of the Concern’s quality system for compliance with the standard ISO 9001:2008 «Quality Management Systems. Requirements» by the certification agency TÜV Thuringen e.V. (Germany) obtaining new conformance certificate No. TIC 15 100 128018 with an extended area of application: «Management of Design and Construction of Facilities of Peaceful Use of Nuclear Power, Electricity Production and Supply» (previously the certificate with the area of application «Management of Electricity Production and Supply» was in place). The validity term of the conformance certificate: from May 23, 2015 to May 22, 2018;
- Confirmation of validity of the conformance certificate of the Concern’s quality system issued by the certification agency ANO Atomsertifika on conformance with the standard GOST ISO 9001-2011, NP-090-11, IAEA manuals on safety of nuclear units of GS-R-3 series, extension of its area of application to the Concern’s Branches – Facilities Construction Management, Beloyarsk Nuclear Plant, and Directorate for Construction of Floating Thermal Nuclear Power Plants, with obtaining a new conformance certificate No. ROSS RU.0001.01АЭ00.77.11.0041;
- Development of the Concern’s quality system in terms of introduction to organizational and functional structure and personnel chart of the Concern of the structural subdivision – the Management on Liaison with Equipment Manufacturers subordinate to the Concern’s Quality Director;
- Creation of Certification System for Production Sites of Manufacturers of Equipment for the Concern’s NPPs;
- Determination of the procedure for conformance evaluation of equipment of the 4th safety class;
- Inspections of equipment manufacturing plants and inspections of organization of equipment on-receipt checks at the Concern’s NPPs;
- inspections of compliance with NPQAP (O) and NPQAP (E) and GOST ISO 9001-2011 at Balakovo, Leningrad, Kalinin, Smolensk, Kola, and Novovoronezh (units under construction) NPPs by the Directorate of Leningrad NPP-2 (under construction);
- Internal audits in divisions of the Headquarters and branches of the Concern regarding their compliance with GOST ISO 9001-2011, NP-090-11, and GS-R-3;
- Implementation of PSR projects to the extent of ensuring product quality, on-receipt check, evaluation of conformance of the products delivered to operating NPPs and NPPs under construction, and monitoring of progress towards goals in the area of quality;
- Developing and enacting guidelines of the operator aimed at ensuring the quality of products supplied to NPPs (in operation and under construction), organizing and carrying out audits for compliance of NPPs and organizations performing work and services to the operator with quality assurance programs and GOST ISO 9001-2011, assessing the efficiency of NPP quality assurance programs;
- Organization of development, mutual agreement, and approval, and put into effect of the quality assurance programs in the area of responsibility of operators according to the requirements NP-090-11 «Requirements to Quality Assurance Programs for Nuclear Facilities».
All activities regarding the Concern’s quality system development scheduled for 2014 by the administrative order on target benchmarks for the Concern’s core activities were performed in full.
MAIN PLANS FOR 2015 AND NEAR FUTURE:
- Development of the integrated quality system towards forming and implementing a single technical policy in the area of quality, updating of statutory base of the Concern’s quality system, including quality assurance of the products supplied to operating NPPs and NPPs under construction;
- Confirmation of validity of the Concern’s conformance certificate in the certification agency TÜV Thuringen e.V.;
- Creation in the organizational and functional structure of the Concern’s branches of operating NPPs and NPPs under construction of a structural subdivision «Department for Organization of On-Receipt Control and Evaluation of Conformance»;
- Inspections of compliance with quality assurance programs and GOST ISO 9001-2011 by the Concern’s branches and organizations performing work and services, including: quality assurance programs for development and manufacturing of equipment by manufacturers of equipment important for NPP safety;
- Implementation of the Certification System for Production Sites of Manufacturers of Equipment for the Concern’s NPPs;
- Performance and scaling of results of PSR projects in the area of quality assurance of the products supplied to operating NPPs and NPPs under construction.